Here’s what you can expect from this workshop, section by section:
1. Verbal encounters in the workplace and in the union
* Identify the people you communicate with in the workplace and in the union.
* Describe where these communications happen.
2. Elements of communication
* Examine your communication skills.
* Discuss the communication process.
* Examine how to give feedback.
* Practice giving feedback.
3. Barriers to effective communication
* Describe and discuss potential barriers to communication.
* Develop methods to overcome these barriers.
* Practice using new communication skills.
4. Three special aspects of communication
* Recognize the importance of nonverbal communication.
* Discuss behaviour that is common in verbal communication.
* Develop awareness of yourself when you are communicating.
5. Active listening skills
* Discover ways to improve your listening skills.
* Practice these new skills.
:jl cope 491