“Like” the CUPE page on facebook to begin
And we’ll enter your name in a draw for your choice of a new iPad 2 or a BlackBerry PlayBook. The contest opens October 3 and two lucky winners will be announced after the closing of CUPE National Convention 2011.
Already “Like” the CUPE facebook page?
Please be sure to fill out the contest entry form on facebook too. All CUPE members who have “Liked” the facebook page and submitted the online entry form by November 4 at 5 p.m. (Pacific time) will be entered to win!
Go to the CUPE facebook page now to enter!
Contest Terms and Conditions
By entering the contest:
- I am stating that I am a current CUPE member as defined in the CUPE constitution.
- I agree to provide my name, email, postal code and CUPE Local number to the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE).
- I acknowledge that I am providing my name, email, postal code and CUPE Local number to CUPE and not to Facebook.
- I acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- I hereby irrevocably agree that I will not assert nor maintain against Facebook, its subsidiaries, or any of its directors, officers, employees or agents any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature, whatsoever, including, but not limited to, those grounded upon invasion of privacy or any other rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights), defamation, libel or slander or for any other reason in connection with the exercise of the rights granted herein. I realize that CUPE is relying upon this Release in allowing my participation in the contest; accordingly, I hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to seek or obtain any injunctive or other equitable relief against Facebook. This Release will be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario applicable to agreements executed and to be fully performed therein.
- I acknowledge that only current members of CUPE, as defined in the CUPE constitution, are eligible to participate in the contest.
- I acknowledge that CUPE staff and members of CUPE’s National Executive are not eligible for this contest.
- I understand that the contest entry closes on November 4, 2011 at 5 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
- I understand that, subject to the terms and conditions outlined herein, that as a CUPE member that I am limited to one entry in the contest.
- I understand that CUPE will add my email address to its email list and will occasionally send me CUPE related news and information.
- I understand that I can easily unsubscribe from CUPE’s email list at any time but understand that I must be a subscriber to the e-mail list on the date of the draw to be eligible.
- I acknowledge that the two winning contest entries will be announced during the second week of November 2011.
- I acknowledge that CUPE reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it determines that the contest terms and conditions have been violated.
- I understand that two winning contest entries will be randomly selected from all eligible entries for the prizes of the contest.
- I acknowledge that CUPE’s determination of the winning contest entry will be final.
- I understand that the prize is the winning contest entry’s choice of an iPad 2 or BlackBerry Playbook (both have 16 G with Wi-Fi and capable of supporting 3G). I understand that CUPE will arrange to have one prize shipped to each of the two winning contest entries.
- I understand that CUPE will not be responsible for purchasing or maintaining the optional 3G data plan, for purchasing additional warranty coverage, or for any warranty, repair or replacement issues.
- I understand that CUPE is not offering any cash equivalents or substitutions for the contest prizes.
- I undertake not to call the CUPE switchboard in making inquiries about the contest and understand that any inquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “contest” means mean a promotion that includes a prize of monetary value and a winning contest entry determined on the basis of a random draw as described above
‘CUPE’ means the Canadian Union of Public Employees