The Canadian Union of Public Employees is a proud sponsor of Thriving in 2010 and Beyond (TI2010), a conference hosted by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) from October 22 to 24, 2010 in London, Ontario.
Thriving in 2010 and Beyond is a starting point and a stepping-stone. It will bring together Canada’s mental health care leaders.
- People who live with mental health issues and their family members
- Caregivers and professional service providers
- Educators and researchers
- Government policy makers
Through this conference, they can begin addressing how we can ensure every person living with a mental health condition has the services and supports needed to not just survive, but thrive.
The Honourable Deb Matthews, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care for Ontario, will make the opening keynote address on Friday, October 22.
Other keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Louise Bradley, President and CEO, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Rona Maynard, award-winning journalist and former editor of Chatelaine magazine
- Barbara Hall, Chief Commissioner of the Ontario Human Rights Commission
- The Honourable Chris Bentley, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs, Ontario
- The Honourable Justice Edward Ormston, Ontario Court of Justice, and Chair of the Law and Mental Health Advisory Committee for the Mental Health Commission of Canada
For more information, visit the Thriving in 2010 and Beyond Website.
Follow the TI2010 event on Twitter.