OTTAWA National leadership from the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Canadas largest union, will be commenting on the first ministers Sept. 13-15 meeting on health care.
Call CUPE for media comment on:
- Privatization: job cuts, contracting out and de-listing of insured services
- For-profit delivery vs. public delivery of health care services
- Sustainable health care funding
- The importance of public delivery of support services in health care facilities
- Public services
- Strong communities
CUPE CONTACTS for media comment:
- Paul Moist, National President, cell (613) 558-2873
- Claude Gnreux, National Secretary-Treasurer, cell (613) 794-8395
- Morna Ballantyne, Managing Director of National Services, cell (613) 791-3411
- Stan Marshall, Senior Research Officer, cell (613) 286-6568
CUPE represents 140,000 workers in the health care sector in communities across the country and plays a crucial role in delivering quality public health care to Canadians. With over 500,000 members, CUPE is fighting for public services and rebuilding strong communities across Canada.