(St. John’s) – Several current and former leaders of the country’s largest union will be attending the funeral of Tom O’Leary, the former president of CUPE Newfoundland and Labrador.
The service takes place Fri., Aug. 11 at 10:30 a.m. at Villanova Church in O’Leary’s hometown of Manuels, NL.
O’Leary, an outside municipal worker with the city of St. John’s and longtime president of CUPE 569, died in a St. John’s hospital Monday night. He was 67.
Among those attending are:
- CUPE National Secretary-Treasurer Claude Généreux
- Former CUPE National President Jeff Rose
- CUPE NL president Wayne Lucas
- Former CUPE NL president Larry Power
- Atlantic regional director Ross Grimes
- National director of organizing and servicing Julie Davis
CUPE NL President Wayne Lucas says, “We will all be paying our respects to Tom’s family and paying tribute to his lifelong contribution to the union and principles he cared so passionately about.”
For more information:
President, CUPE NL
(709) 727-2509 (cell)
(902) 455-4180 (o)