Ottawa — On Sept. 18, 2006, the Canadian Union of Public Employees will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new national headquarters at the corner of Tremblay Rd. and St. Laurent Blvd., in Ottawa’s east end.
CUPE National President Paul Moist, National Secretary-Treasurer Claude Généreux, members of the national executive committee and staff unions and representatives from Ottawa’s Bryden Martel Architects and realtors Jackson-Brown Associates will be present.
CUPE purchased the land in April 2006. Construction on the new five-story “green” building, which will house CUPE National staff as well as the Ottawa area office, will begin this fall. The move from CUPE’s current location at 21 Florence St. is scheduled for fall 2007.
CUPE National headquarters groundbreaking ceremony
September 18, 2006 at 4 p.m.
Corner of St. Laurent Blvd. and Tremblay Rd., Ottawa, Ont.
CUPE is Canada’s largest union with more than 540,000 members.
Senior communications officer
613-237-1590, ext. 250