Using this booklet
This booklet contains information from the study on:
- the real-life challenges facing workers who need to qualify or re-qualify for their jobs, or who want to upgrade
- specific ways the union can support these workers’ educational needs
- examples of union literacy and education programs, and lessons learned
- the value and importance of a labour approach to education
Who will find this booklet useful?
The information in this booklet will interest:
- activists and leaders in all sectors where members face rising job requirements
- municipal CUPE locals
- CUPE National Executive Board and Provincial Division Executive Board members
- literacy and education activist in CUPE and other unions
- activist lobbying government and employer representatives about literacy and workplace certification.