The idea of “strategic voting” has come up during the election campaign, the notion being that the best way to stave off the Conservatives is to vote for the Liberals.
Really, the best way to make sure we have a Parliament that works for working people is to make sure we have as many NDP MPs as possible. And the way to do that is to vote for what you really want by voting positive.
- See CUPE’s perspective on “strategic voting”.
- Imagining the “unthinkable”: CUPE BC president Barry O’Neill says to avoid a Tory minority, vote NDP, wherever you are.
- “Strategic voting: it’s just plain nonsense,” argues Rabble columnist Greg Dwulit
- Layton raps strategic voting
- “Every vote is a strategic vote,” says BC writer Murray Dobbin
- Voting NDP: wasting your vote? – Greg Dwulit argues that when voters ignored strategic voting propaganda, Canadians elected more progressive governments.